The health and safety of our patients has always been our top priority – please read this important message regarding our new procedures.
If you have an appointment with our office, you must complete the medical history patient intake form within 72 hours of scheduling your dental appointment.
Covid-19 patient screening form must be completed a day prior to your appointment.
COVID-19 has been a very difficult time for all of us. Many of you have been forced to wait for dental care, and we deeply appreciate your understanding while we kept our office closed to help control the spread of the coronavirus.
We are excited to announce that our office is now open.
We are following the guidelines laid out by the RCDSO, our regulatory body, to help us resume services in a way that will keep you and us safe. As a matter of fact, we have gone above and beyond to implement additional technologies and safety measures.
At your next dental appointment, will be operating a bit differently. The first thing you’ll notice is that our team will be wearing personal protective equipment to keep everyone safe.
Here’s a bit more of what you can expect:
- We are not accepting walk-ins at this time. Please call us to book an appointment.
- When you arrive for your scheduled appointment, please wait in your car and call our office to confirm we are ready to accept you.
- You must wear a mask into the office and to bring in your own pen.
- We will take your temperature and ask you to sanitize your hands.
- You will be asked the covid-19 screening questions again.
- After treatment, you will be asked to sanitize your hands before leaving the office.
- We offer contact less payment options including tap and e-transfer.
Our guidelines may change as we receive new information from Public Health and the RCDSO, so please follow us on social media for the updates.